1. The Sundt Foundation awarded a total of $29K in grants to 16 Tucson-area nonprofits during its second-quarter disbursements. The Sundt Foundation awards grants quarterly to area charities that support disadvantaged children and families.
2. Engineering consulting firm Terracon raised $10,279 for Kids at Hope through their annual golf tournament and presented the check to the organization at the Annual Youth Development Master’s Institute’s Dean’s Recognition Lunch on May 6. The organization focused on youths 3-18 that empowers child and youth serving institutions to transform their cultures through a cultural strategy that proves all kids can succeed.
3. Alliance Residential is doubling down its efforts to reduce waste across its organization. The developer’s yearlong campaign includes property-level waste analyses, new recycling and composting programs, and educational resources and support for employees and residents.
Awards & Accolades
4. LSW Engineers was recognized as the “Most Supportive Design Company” during ASHRAE’s Central Arizona Chapter 5th Annual Honors & Awards Dinner on May 16.
5. The Southern Arizona Chapter of CCIM Institute was recognized for excellence at the organization’s Midyear Governance Meetings in San Antonio, Texas, March 30–April 3. The annual CCIM Institute President’s Cup Awards ceremony honored chapters that have demonstrated the highest degree of skill, ingenuity, and innovation in promoting the membership benefits of the Institute at the local and regional levels throughout 2018.
6. Steve Berghoff, CCIM, Vice President, Menlo Group; Mark Haslip, MBA | CCIM, Vice President, Menlo Group; and Neil Sherman, CCIM, Managing Director, Sperry Commercial Global Affiliates, Insignia CRE, each earned the prestigious Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designation by the CCIM Institute.
7. Wilson Electric Services Corp. announced that on May 21, the company’s ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) has purchased the balance of the company shares, making it 100 percent employee owned.
8. Corbins Electric has appointed a new leadership team in the wake of the company’s previous president retiring in January. They are:
- Justin Martin, President and CEO
- Jessica Grant, Chief Financial Officer
- Aaron Thompson, Vice President of Design, Fabrication and Safety
- Chad Schultz, Vice President of Operations
- Michael Vargo, Vice President of Operations
- JD Martin, Vice President of Business Solutions
9. Gilbane Building Company recently promoted Robert Levalley to Superintendent III, Fred Lindenmuth to Senior Project Executive, Brad Murawsky to Senior General Superintendent I, Karla Ricci to Project Manager I, and Jon Schaefer to Project Executive.
10. The Town of Fountain Hills has announced the hiring of James Smith to the position of economic development director for the town effective June 3.
11. Rider Levett Bucknall recently added three new employees to their Construction Consulting Practice: Kelly Johnson as Senior Construction Scheduler, Jessica Whitney as Construction Paralegal and Marzana Aktar as Admin Assistant/Receptionist.
12. P.B. Bell recently hired Daniel W. Tilton as its new vice president of development and acquisitions.
13. Colliers International announced it has recruited veteran real estate investment professional El Warner to join as an executive vice president in the firm’s Capital Markets group in Irvine focusing on major retail investment properties. He will also be handling transactions in Arizona.