1. Conor Commercial Real Estate and Globe Corp. broke ground on May 14 on one of the first industrial opportunity zone projects in the Valley, Airport 40, a $33M industrial project at University Dr and 40th St. The project is expected to be complete in Q2 2020.
2. The 125KSF Pollack Paseo Del Oro shopping center, owned by Pollack Investments and located at the NEC of Alma School and Elliot roads in Chandler started construction on May 15.
3. Grande Vita, A BioCity Campus, broke ground on a $300M, 20-acre, multi-use, campus-style community at Crismon Road and Hampton Avenue in Mesa. Construction on the site will begin in August with the digging of three, three-story underground parking structures for the campus, and will be completed in 2022. Brycon Construction is the general contractor.
4. Wood Partners completed the land acquisition and broke ground on Alta Warehouse District at 402 W. Lincoln St in Phoenix. The four-story, 300-unit modern, luxury community is scheduled to open in Q2 2020.
5. McCarthy Building Companies recently broke ground on a new $106M ER and patient tower project at Banner Boswell Medical Center at 10401 W. Thunderbird Blvd, Sun City. The architect is HMC Architects and the project is expected to be complete in summer 2020.
6. Construction is scheduled to start May 31 on the Arizona Department of Transportation’s $76M project to improve traffic flow along a 6.4-mile stretch of Loop 101 (Price Freeway) by adding one lane in each direction between Baseline Road and Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) in the Tempe, Mesa and Chandler areas. The project is scheduled for completion by fall 2020.
7. Construction is expected to begin this week on a long-awaited $85M training center for Gilbert police and fire departments located at Power and Pecos Roads. The project is expected to be complete in 2021.
8. U.S. Customs and Border Protection announced on Friday that work is underway to replace 26 miles of aging and outdated primary fencing along the U.S.-Mexico border in the Border Patrol’s Yuma Sector. Barnard Construction Co. is the general contractor and the new fence is scheduled to be completed by the end of the year.
9. Gilbane Building Company has turned over the newly remodeled Emergency Department and Behavioral Health Unit 6th floor of the MIHS Maryvale Hospital, after more than a year of being closed. Construction continues on additional floors and the exterior of the facility.
10. The 79-room Arrive Hotel located at Camelback Rd between 3rd and 4th avenues in Phoenix, and started construction in March, is expected to open this fall.
11. Achen-Gardner Construction is currently constructing Segments 1 and 3 of the Twin Peaks-Blue Bonnet Road Gravity Sewer Design-Build project for the Pima County Regional Wastewater Reclamation Department. These segments of the project include a total of 18K LF of 15” gravity sewer and 45 manholes.
12. Achen-Gardner Construction recently completed the Price Road Reclaimed Water Line and Wells Fargo North Driveway Improvements DBB project. This project included roadway, sidewalk, and landscape modifications to accommodate a new signalized intersection and ADA crosswalks.
13. High Street Residential and MetLife Investment Management announced that The Astor at Osborn is officially open and ready for occupancy. The 5-story, Class A residential building, located at 7th Avenue and Osborn in Phoenix features 191 residences ranging in size from 583-to-1,358 square feet –with a 5-story parking garage.